A few days after Linden began to walk, she had a rough morning of falling quite a bit. At first, I couldn't figure out what the problem was. But then, I realized that she was falling because she was trying to pick up the pace. Having mastered walking, she wanted to run. It seems like that's how she functions. Once she has the hang of something, it's onto the next challenge.
For example, we recently had a playdate at our house with five kids under 5 (not including Linden). It was crazy, but fun. One of them was jumping around the living room and Linden was entranced.
Having just learned to walk, jumping will be the next goal. Linden pumps her arms a few times, then tries to jump. She can't get both feet off the ground, but she can regularly pick up one. The video gives you an idea.
As of tonight, she's progressed to a sort of shuffle-step attempt. I'll try to get another video that better reflects her ability. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment