Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Big Sister

Wallace Noble Miller joined our family at home a week ago yesterday and I'm so impressed with how Linden Bloom has stepped into the roll of Big Sister.

When we brought Wallace home, Linden had spent the previous three nights at our house with Laine's parents. She's never been away from us for that many nights, so I knew there would be some adjustment to us coming home, especially since we were bringing a baby with us.

Linden got ready for bed like usual, but right when I was about to leave her room she popped out of bed and declared she was ready to play. Wallace was crying out a floor below, so the odds were stacked against her.

Surprise! Big Sister shirt with
backpack accessory
We talked through what it would be like to have a baby at home and how he might be noisy at times. Linden listened, and understood. She eventually went to bed and fell asleep a couple hours later while Wallace was making noise.

I took it as a very good sign that she'd accepted his presence in our home so quickly. Maybe she can give me some tips. :-)

1 comment: