Monday, September 13, 2010

From the road - piercing

Well, I'm back on the road.  I had my first two high school visits this afternoon and will have my first college fair this evening. Since I'll be alone with my computer more than usual over the next couple months I am hoping to create more frequent blog posts. This first one will be quick, just to ensure that the bar is set low.

My very first high school visit of the 2010 - 2011 recruiting year was Edwardsville HS and the first two student hands I shook were abnormal. I didn't notice when I shook the girls' hands that anything was unusual but I overheard one girl comment to another about how anytime she shook someone's hand her hand hurt. I looked over and noticed that she was looking at her hand and the next thing I noticed was that she appeared to have a floating gem on her right ring finger. It turns out that it was a piercing. In her finger. It didn't go all the way through - it was simply a stud. Both girls had this piercing, as they explained, because they are best friends. Now I have never had a piercing but I am typically in favor of them. This one, however, struck me as a poor decision. I hope that this poor decision is a lesson to these girls and not the first of many poor decisions over the next few years.

I've posted a picture that I found online for those who can't quite picture what it is I saw.

1 comment:

  1. HFS that would never occur to me. I can't get over how crazy that is!!

    ReplyDelete