Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Welcome to my new blog!

Hello loyal blog followers. I'm proud to say that I have enough blogging experience by now to know what a blogging platform is and know what I am looking for in a blogging platform. I'm also becoming comfortable using the word blog.

I have decided to create this new blog on Wordpress after a very positive experience leading an Infinite Jest book club on this site. I like that you can post pictures very easily and there are also better editing tools (in my opinion) than on Blogger.

Some of you may know that I have kept a daily journal for over 10 years. Recently, I finally broke the streak and chose to make it a weekly entry at the same time that I launched into blogging. I've found that it's pretty redundant, so I'm going to try to use this blog as something like an online journal. I'm hoping that this will cause me to be more consistent with my posting. As a result, you will have a chance to follow what Laine and I are up to even when we're not up to anything at all.

I'm looking forward to embarking on this new era of journaling! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. You stopped journal-ing everyday?? I assumed you would have a storage closet full of journals at this point. Also, this is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha -- I gave up on the daily journal around 2009. Seemed to be taking over as an obsession. As you can tell from this post a few years ago, I gave up on blogging for awhile too. Moved from Wordpress to this a few months ago. We'll see how long I can keep this one up. Having a child gives me more reason to stay more regular.

      Delete